Welcome, delegates, to the UFCW 7th Regular Convention in beautiful Chicago! We hope your travel went smoothly and you are now getting your bearings and learning your way around the convention center. Shuttle service today and tomorrow will run from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. between the various Convention hotels and the McCormick Convention Center West. Details about the service are listed in your Delegate Information Guide that you will receive when you register. Registration today is from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Unity Hall.
While you are there, explore the various exhibits open in the Unity Hall:
- Check out our interactive photo and video wall. It works like a giant, motion-sensing video game. You can scroll through photos of UFCW members at work, proudly displaying the products they make and sell.
- Buy UFCW gear! Made in the USA or Canada by union workers: polo shirts, tees, or jackets, travel mugs, stickers and other gear, all customized with the UFCW colors and logo.
- Visit our historical timeline and learn about the key events that shaped the UFCW.
- Go online to check your email messages, or connect your electronic device in charging stations.
- Stop by the ABC booth to win! The ABC booth will be open throughout the Convention. Stop by to buy a ticket for a shot at one of several prizes, including a hand drawn map by Senator Al Franken. Every $25 donation gives you one photo booth picture with your friends and
family- allowing you to bring home a memorable picture from the Convention.
- Don’t forget! Lilly Ledbetter will sign copies of her book in the Unity Hall following Monday’s General Session.